Vice President, Cloud Research & Development
Before joining BroadSoft, Greg Pounds was the Chief Technical Officer and co-founder of Casabi. Casabi delivered cloud-based services for the carrier connected family allowing carriers to deliver virtually any web-based content or service to a broad range of fixed and mobile IP connected devices.
Prior to founding Casabi, Greg Pounds was an EIR for Mayfield Venture Partners researching technologies and business opportunities in the cellular, wireless and VoIP communications space. Pounds also held multiple executive level positions including VP of Product Management and VP of Platform Engineering, at Vertical Networks, an industry leader in IP-based distributed communications systems. Prior to Vertical Networks, Pounds was the founding member of the technical team and served as the Director of Engineering for Jetstream Communications where he led product development, which resulted in an award-winning voice and data product. He also managed hardware and software design efforts at Octel/VMX and held multiple engineering positions at OPCOM and ROLM.
Pounds holds six patents in the areas of communications and distributed system design.
- Education: University of California, Berkeley. Go Bears!
- Favorite Movie: Anything with aliens, explosions or car chases
- Hobbies: Dirt biking, skiing and tennis
- Best Vacation: Helicopter skiing or any place with deep powder and no lines
- Not Everyone Knows: Sang lead with a men's barbershop chorus that placed 3rd in international competition
- Greg Pounds on LinkedIn