President and Chief Executive Officer
Michael Tessler brings over 20 years of business strategy and technology experience to his role as co-founder. As CEO and president of BroadSoft, Michael is focused on bringing advanced carrier-grade communications systems to service providers worldwide.
At Alcatel USA, as Vice President of Engineering in the Celcore organization, Michael was responsible for all product development activities for several product lines. A member of the senior staff, Michael participated in business strategy, helped manage the day-to-day, business activities, and led the business development activities in China.
Prior to Alcatel, Michael held numerous senior management roles at Nortel and founded and led a services development business unit that helped local exchange carriers build and deploy advanced services on their digital networks. Michael has two patents in the area of local switching, AIN, and advanced call management services and was a recent winner of Ernst & Young's Entrepreneur of the Year.
- Education: B.S. and M.S. in Electrical Engineering from McGill University in Montreal, Canada
- Favorite Tech Gadget: Anything voice enabled
- Favorite Vacation: The beach, any beach
- Not Everyone Knows: He is Canadian; Michael and Scott selected Maryland, for the BroadSoft headquarters, as a central location between their hometowns in Canada and Louisiana
- Michael Tessler on LinkedIn