On May 30th I had the pleasure of co-hosting our annual Connect event in Mexico City with my colleagues Alejandra Avila and Jacobo Ramos and the entire Mexican team, at the beautiful Four Seasons Hotel. Attendees included 128 of our CALA customers and nine of our partner sponsors. The event was a success and I want to tell you why.
This was our first opportunity since BroadSoft was acquired by Cisco, to formally meet with our service provider customers face-to-face to share our company vision and portfolio directions.
It’s an exciting time for us at BroadSoft and we wanted to share this excitement with our customers, and demonstrate our commitment to evolving our portfolio and continuing to help them succeed in their transition to the cloud.
One of the event’s underlying themes was “better together”. This doesn’t just apply to Cisco and BroadSoft; it also means that together with our customers, we will create competitive advantage with innovative technology and go-to-market programs that help our end-customers grow their business and improve their bottom line. According to IDC*, 85% of companies in Latin America have already started investing in technology to achieve their own digital transformation, for those who have done so the results have exceeded their expectations.
*Source: IDC Latin America Digital Transformation Market Forecast, 2015-2020
Here are some key takeaways from the event:
- The cloud market is rapidly growing across all market segments at double digit rates! According to Gartner*, Unified Communications-as-a-service (UCaaS) revenues will grow to $19.5B and surpass on-premises system revenues by 2021. Cisco and BroadSoft are in a prime position to help service providers succeed in moving to the cloud.
*Source: Gartner, Forecast: Unified Communications, Worldwide, 2014-2021, 4Q17, Meghan Fernandez, et al. December 2017
- BroadSoft remains strong. Cisco acquired us because of our global leadership as a cloud UC/PBX provider and our robust cloud calling, mobility and contact center portfolio. Working together with Cisco, we’re enhancing our two leading portfolios, and leveraging the best of both, to deliver better value to our customers.
- The BroadWorks and BroadCloud portfolios will continue to be enhanced and are designed to enable service providers to address the varied and unique needs of different customer types, from micro to global enterprises. So it’s “business as usual” with our investment in our portfolio’s evolution.
- UC-One remains our flagship collaboration offering for businesses of all sizes, and the ideal solution for small to medium sized businesses who want an easy-to-buy, easy-to-install, easy-to-use and easy-to-maintain UC application. Our new hybrid deployment option for UC-One helps BroadWorks service providers offer UCaaS to their end-customers quickly and cost-effectively, and with little to no operational investment.
- Our Powered by BroadSoft services continue to be enhanced and help service providers transform their customers’ digital end-to-end journey, and our BroadSoft Design expertise provides agile design and development methodologies that speed service provider innovation by significantly reducing time-to-market for developing and deploying unified communications solutions.
I want to thank our event sponsors who help us enhance the value of our portfolio to our customers every day: BroadSource, Patton, Polycom, Avaya, Yealink, Dubber, TransNexus, Grandstream, and AudioCodes.
From my perspective, these are unique times and we are in a unique position to leapfrog our competition. Transitioning to the cloud takes time. But we’re in this together and BroadSoft has the experience, technology and resources to make it happen for our customers.
Please contact me and my team if you are interested in learning more about: