Empowering mobile operators to aggressively address the $10B Unified Communications market segment with a fixed-mobile convergence offer
GAITHERSBURG, MD, March 19, 2013 – BroadSoft, Inc. (NASDAQ: BSFT) today announced UC-One™ IMS, a comprehensive fixed-mobile convergence solution that separates communication devices from service subscriptions for enterprises. UC-One IMS enables mobile operators to broadly enter the higher margin enterprise market segment by providing a single subscription for an employee’s Unified Communication needs.
Employees are frustrated with today’s passive communication options and are seeking access to a broader range of real-time communication services, such as instant messaging, video calling & conferencing, web conferencing, and desktop sharing – across a variety of mobile devices. Read: Unified Communications: What Users Want
At the same time, enterprises are embracing the benefits of cloud-based Unified Communications services. Frost & Sullivan’s 2012 IT Decision Maker’s View of the Enterprise Communications Evolution survey found awareness and usage of communications and collaborations tools is increasing, driven by the reported benefits of Unified Communications, including improved productivity, accelerated decision making, enhanced employee mobility, reduced costs, improved customer satisfaction and more.
With UC-One IMS, enterprises can leverage a mobile operator’s fixed-mobile convergence (FMC) capabilities to now manage a single communications service subscription for each employee. As a result, UC-One IMS delivers several benefits to the enterprise:
- Significantly lowers telecommunications costs – Enterprises no longer need to maintain a fixed and wireless subscription for their employees, enabling enterprises to subscribe to one phone service that supports all of an employee's communication services, in turn, significantly lowering their telecommunications expenses.
- Simplifies enterprise management of UC services – Enterprises gain simplified control and management of their Unified Communications services and employee devices, as call and feature control reside in the cloud.
- Enables employees to work from anywhere, on any device – UC-One IMS provides employees with access to all of their Unified Communications services from a laptop computer, mobile or smartphone, tablet, desktop computer or desk phone, providing the freedom to work from anywhere.
"There is an undeniable enterprise shift currently underway from premise-based communications services to cloud-enabled mobile Unified Communications, and UC-One IMS powerfully extends the benefits of the cloud by enabling enterprises to manage a single communications service subscription for their employees, in turn driving down their telecommunications costs and management complexity," said Michael Tessler, chief executive officer and president, BroadSoft. "For mobile operators, UC-One IMS unlocks new revenue opportunities, and we believe this will shift the initial target market segment served by LTE networks to enterprises from consumer, which means that mobile and converged operators can more quickly monetize their LTE network investments."
As mobile operators build out their 4G IMS-based LTE networks, UC-One IMS strongly positions them to meet the demand for mobile Unified Communications with a comprehensive offer that extends beyond voice.
UC-One IMS Mobile Operator Benefits
- New revenue opportunities through enhanced services – Mobile operators can more broadly serve the needs of enterprises by offering competitive business communication services that include integrated instant messaging & presence, video calling and conferencing, and web collaboration, with existing voice offers.
- Increased customer satisfaction and churn reduction – Enterprises are reporting a service provider supply gap for cloud-based communications services. Mobile operators can become the single service provider positioned to meet all growing and diverse communications options that enterprises and users need.
- Ability to more rapidly monetize their LTE network investments – UC-One IMS enables mobile operators to offer higher margin enterprise services, expediting the return on their LTE network investment.
"Fixed-mobile convergence delivers on the promise of Unified Communications by seamlessly integrating services, devices and the individuals who are communicating and collaborating," said Scott Hoffpauir, chief technology officer, BroadSoft. "By enabling easy movement between these three areas, UC-One IMS eliminates today’s communications boundaries. Users can, for example, start an instant message chat and move to a voice conversation, or initiate a call from a laptop interface and move to a smartphone without losing connectivity, and that single conversation can turn into a conference call with countless others, all with just a single click."
Building on BroadSoft's UC-One platform, UC-One IMS integrates fixed-mobile convergence for 2G, 3G and 4G mobile networks with an intuitive Unified Communications user experience, APIs that support network openness, and market-ready offerings that package, price, and promote Unified Communications services. With UC-One IMS, mobile operators can meet the varied communications needs of all enterprise segments.
BroadSoft is the leading provider of software and services that enable mobile, fixed-line and cable service providers to offer Unified Communications over their Internet Protocol, or IP network. The Company's core communications platform enables the delivery of a range of enterprise and consumer calling, messaging and collaboration communication services, including private branch exchanges, video calling, text messaging and converged mobile and fixed-line services.
Forward Looking Statements (BroadSoft)
This press release may contain forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements may be identified by their use of terms and phrases such as "believe," "can," "enable," "will," "expect" and other similar terms and phrases, and such forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to, the statements regarding the capabilities and benefits of BroadSoft’s UC-One IMS platform to service providers, enterprises, mobile operators and end users. The outcome of the events described in these forward-looking statements is subject to known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from the results anticipated by these forward-looking statements, including, but not limited to whether UC-One IMS and these integrated solutions will be utilized by BroadSoft's customers and the resulting financial and other benefits to BroadSoft, as well as those factors contained in the "Risk Factors" sections of the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2012 filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, or SEC, on February 27 , 2013, and in the Company's other filings with the SEC. All information in this release is as of March 19, 2013. Except as required by law, BroadSoft undertakes no obligation to update publicly any forward-looking statement made herein for any reason to conform the statement to actual results or changes in its expectations.