GAITHERSBURG, MD, Nov. 17, 2008 — BroadSoft, Inc., the leading provider of Voice over IP (VoIP) application software, today announced its 10-year anniversary, celebrating a history of innovation and thought leadership in the industry.
Founded in 1998, BroadSoft® has emerged as the leading, worldwide innovator of VoIP applications. In the last five years, BroadSoft's annual revenues have grown more than 1000 percent and the number of employees has increased from 84 to almost 300. The company's continued growth and success can be attributed to its forward-thinking vision of IP convergence, product innovation and ability to secure top-tier customers around the world.
Moving the Market Forward
Since inception, BroadSoft has been at the forefront of the IP telephony industry, helping to drive the market forward and to advance the convergence of voice, video and data. A few of its many accomplishments include:
- Aug. 1999 - Unveils new advanced architecture for the rapid and cost-effective delivery of enhanced telephony services; becomes the industry standard for VoIP application servers
- Sept. 2001 - Partners with Siemens to be first to test SIP interoperability, delivering on the promise of open standards in voice communications
- Oct. 2003 - Hosts first VoIP industry conference (called BroadSoft Connections) for senior-executives from leading telcos around the world
- Jan. 2004 - Brings enhanced telephony to the residential market
- March 2008 - Pushes voice to Web with Xtended®, an initiative designed to advance the integration of voice with popular business and consumer applications
- Oct. 2008 - Partners with Microsoft Corporation to deliver Hosted Unified Communications to large enterprises and small and medium-sized businesses
"We take great pride in our steady growth, numerous achievements and ability to maintain and extend our strong leadership position," said Michael Tessler, co-founder, president and CEO of BroadSoft. "BroadSoft remains focused on introducing next-generation VoIP applications that transform how businesses and consumers worldwide connect, communicate and collaborate as well as on helping our service provider customers carve out competitive differentiation and increase revenues."
A History of Product Innovation
BroadSoft has continually introduced new innovative, carrier-class VoIP application solutions, several of which were industry firsts, including:
- April 2000 - Launches first VoIP application server
- Dec. 2000 - Introduces first software-based VoIP media server
- March 2001 - Extends BroadWorks to wireless and handheld devices
- March 2005 - BroadWorks becomes the first IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS)-compliant platform; currently in more IMS networks worldwide than any other application server
- Oct. 2007 - Introduces Web services/Web .0 functionality into BroadWorks; launches first VoIP mash-up with Salesforce.com
- Feb. 2008 - Demonstrates BroadWorks' scalability; can manage more than 20 million subscribers
- Aug. 2008 - Acquires GENBAND's M6 Communication Applications Server (formerly VocalData)
"BroadSoft has unequivocally demonstrated the ability to bring technological advancements to the VoIP market - more than any other competing vendor," said Scott Hoffpauir, co-founder and CTO, BroadSoft. "I would like to recognize BroadSoft's employees for their hard work, dedication and relentless pursuit to continually enhance BroadWorks and develop new innovative applications."
Recognized as the Market Leader
BroadSoft's market strategy and technology approach have been recognized and validated by various industry stakeholders, including:
- April 1999 - Closes Series A funding from leading venture partners - Bessemer Venture Partners, Charles River Ventures and Columbia Capital Corporation; total VC funding is $72M, which has supported $84.5M of R&D
- Jan. 2001 - Receives first of 21 product innovation awards (from leading publications and other third-party industry organizations)
- Nov. 2005 - Current Analysis cites BroadSoft as the leader in the VoIP application server market; other industry analysts (e.g., IDC, Frost & Sullivan, Synergy Research Group, and Infonetics Research) subsequently followed, affirming company's sustained leadership position
- Nov. 2008 - Touts largest customer base in the voice application space (i.e., more than 400 fixed line carriers, cable operators, Internet service providers, and mobile operators in 61 countries) and most comprehensive partner network (i.e., 200 leading equipment manufacturers, software vendors, system integrators, and resellers)
BroadSoft® provides VoIP application software that enables the delivery of hosted telephony and multimedia services. Its award-winning flagship BroadWorks® technology empowers wireless, wireline and cable carriers to deliver next-generation voice and multimedia applications and advanced features that enable them to increase revenue, enhance competitive differentiation and elevate customer satisfaction. BroadSoft's family of carrier-class software products delivers the scale, open architecture and reliability that the world's leading telecommunications companies demand to serve mission-critical enterprise and residential broadband customers. BroadSoft provides VoIP applications to eight of the Top 10 and 14 of the Top 25 largest carriers worldwide, as measured by recent annual revenue, including Korea Telecom, KPN, SingTel, Sprint, Telefonica de Espana, Telstra, T-systems, and Verizon. For additional information, go to www.broadsoft.com.