Phoenix, AZ, October 26th, 2015 – BroadSoft, Inc. (NASDAQ: BSFT) today announced a new BroadCloud® software release, available in November 2015, that will bring the full capabilities of UC-One® and SIP Trunking services to BroadCloud, and also includes service assurance enhancements, new terminal device options from AudioCodes, Polycom, and Yealink, and a UC-One Hospitality solution. This release will extend the market coverage of BroadCloud from a SMB hosted PBX solution to hosted UC solution capable of serving large enterprises.
The new BroadCloud release is one of several announcements unveiled and demonstrated at BroadSoft Connections 2015. This event is BroadSoft’s annual global users’ conference and one of the largest of its kind in the industry, taking place October 25th - 28th, 2015 in Phoenix, Arizona. BroadSoft® also announced Project Tempo – a new initiative based on BroadSoft’s UC-One offering - that will power the future of work for the small to large enterprise, and reported that it surpassed 12 million cloud unified communications lines deployed globally.
New BroadCloud Software Release
BroadCloud is a managed service that enables service providers to more rapidly bring unified communications services to market. We believe the new release will provide service providers with expanded revenue opportunities and competitive differentiation for small and large enterprises alike. The release will include:
- BroadCloud UC-One functionality expansion - Equips service providers with the latest software to offer a broad range of real-time communications services, such as instant messaging (IM), presence, voice and video calling, conferencing, file sharing, desktop collaboration including multi-party HD audio and video in browsers, business application integration (such as integration with Microsoft Lync) and external guest participation leveraging WebRTC.
- Cloud-enabled SIP Trunking - Allows service providers to deliver hosted, UC-enabled SIP trunks to businesses of all sizes and reduce network costs, increase resiliency and enable smooth legacy PBX migrations for multi-site and large enterprises. BroadSoft also announced support of the AudioCodes Mediant 500 Gateway and SBC.
- SIP phones, clients, and add-ins catalog - Expands with additions from AudioCodes, Polycom, and Yealink, to further broaden customer device choices and service provider competitiveness.
- Service provider management enhancements - Includes end-user self-service portals, service assurance improvements to network monitoring and usability administrative enhancements.
- Service provider reseller-provisioning capability - Extended for increased efficiency with new controls for hierarchies, multi-level branding, pricing and process management.
- UC-One Hospitality solution - Provides guest room features, hotel staff features and property management system integrations on a unified multi-property BroadCloud platform, permitting service providers to power the industry’s accelerating shift to cloud UC.
“BroadSoft supports 26 of the top 30 global service providers, demonstrating our success and market leadership,” said Michael Tessler, chief executive officer, BroadSoft. “BroadCloud’s new unified communications services represent the continued evolution of BroadCloud from a small business hosted PBX to hosted UC solution capable of serving the needs of small, medium and large enterprises.”
BroadCloud provides service providers with a managed, end-to-end operating platform, which supports the full life-cycle of the business customer – from initial quote to service activation to support processes. By managing the end-to-end customer sales and service implementation process, BroadCloud can significantly reduce a service provider’s internal development and infrastructure investments. BroadCloud is a white labeled service that service providers brand, market and sell to their customers, retaining the customer relationship, without losing flexibility. With control over pricing, branding, and system portals, service providers can cater the solution and user experience to fit their target markets.
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements may be identified by their use of terms and phrases such as “will,” “can” and “enable” and other similar terms and phrases and include, among others, statements regarding the benefits of BroadCloud’s new software release. The outcome of the events described in these forward-looking statements is subject to known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from the results anticipated by these forward-looking statements, including, but not limited to, the financial and other benefits to BroadSoft resulting from the use by its service provider customers of BroadSoft’s newest software release, as well as those factors contained in the “Risk Factors” section of BroadSoft’s Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2014, filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, or SEC, on February 25, 2015, and in BroadSoft’s other filings with the SEC. All information in this release is as of October 26, 2015. Except as required by law, BroadSoft undertakes no obligation to update publicly any forward-looking statement made herein for any reason to conform the statement to actual results or changes in its expectations
BroadSoft is the leading provider of cloud software and services that enable mobile, fixed-line and cable service providers to offer Unified Communications over their Internet Protocol networks. The Company’s core communications platform enables the delivery of a range of enterprise and consumer calling, messaging and collaboration communication services, including private branch exchanges, video calling, text messaging and converged mobile and fixed-line services. For additional information, visit http://www.BroadSoft.com.
Brian Lustig, Bluetext PR for BroadSoft US
John Kiang, CFA, BroadSoft, Inc.