New strategic initiatives align with the company’s enhanced corporate identity revealed at its annual users’ conference BroadSoft Connections 2014
- New corporate identity reinforces commitment to simplify, innovate and accelerate the end-to-end user experience
- BroadSoft Labs’ emerging technology incubator integrates web communications with unified communications applications
- New UC-One capabilities include industry first integration with iBeacons for enhanced user location within the workplace and utilizing WebRTC for guest participant in My Room group collaboration
- UC-One Insights microsite focuses on highlighting industry innovation
SCOTTSDALE, AZ, October 13, 2014 – BroadSoft, Inc. (NASDAQ: BSFT) today introduced a new corporate identity and a host of new strategic initiatives that further strengthen its UC-One unified communications services and that will enable service providers to deliver a superior end-to-end user experience to their business customers and consumers. The enhanced corporate brand, strategy and technology announcements were made in front of a record setting number of attendees at BroadSoft’s annual users’ conference, BroadSoft Connections 2014: Power Up, being held October 12-15, 2014 in Scottsdale, Arizona.
“BroadSoft Connections holds special meaning this year as we unveil a new corporate identity built around three core principals – simplify, innovate and accelerate,” said Michael Tessler, president and chief executive officer, BroadSoft. “When the BroadSoft journey began 16 years ago, it was all about convergence and helping service providers transform their carrier networks. Today, it isn’t enough to deliver the best software; we must also deliver the best end-user experience possible so that service providers’ customers can be productive anywhere, anytime and from any device.”
In addition to the new corporate strategy, BroadSoft introduced BroadSoft Labs and unveiled new UC-One capabilities.
Introducing BroadSoft Labs
BroadSoft Labs is an online innovation incubator environment whose mission is to accelerate the development, deployment and use of innovative unified communications application services that leverage WebRTC.
BroadSoft Lab’s provides all of the components required (turnkey hosting, BroadWorks, WebRTC gateways & DID, PSTN access, etc.) for service providers and others to develop new web communications applications. BroadSoft Labs also includes step-by-step wizards that we believe enable even non-technical individuals to quickly implement WebRTC-enabled communication and collaboration applications in as little as five minutes.
Attendees of BroadSoft Connections 2014: Power Up will see demonstrations of applications from partners already leveraging BroadSoft Labs including:
- &yet open source integration of UC-One with traditional Interactive Voice Response capabilities that connects website visitors directly to a specific group within an organization who can quickly address their question.
- NetFore integration with UC-One to mobilize temporary employees, such as disaster recovery personnel, volunteers and seasonal employees through an intuitive interface, for an efficient end-to-end experience.
- mPortal phone integration of UC-One with Google for Work offers employees a single device for all of a user’s business applications, including communications.
UC-One Web Conferencing Enhancements
BroadSoft today also announced several new capabilities to its UC-One unified communications application, including individual and group productivity enhancing capabilities and user interface enhancements. The UC-One app makes voice, video, business directories, call logs, instant messaging and presence available on a single interface for both one-to-one communications and group collaboration – regardless of the user’s preferred mobile device or type of connectivity.
New UC-One capabilities enhance individual productivity
- iBeacon integration – Industry’s first integration with Apple iBeaconTM devices more precisely identifies an individual’s location within a work environment (i.e. – office, conference room), enabling colleagues to select the most efficient communication option
- Presence integration – New Personal Assistant feature integrates a worker’s presence information with voice calling and can be fully controlled from within the user’s UC-One app. As a result, callers instantly receive a message if someone is unavailable and are provided options on the best time to reach them.
New UC-One app capabilities enhance group collaboration
- BroadSoft’s ‘My Room’ group collaborations capabilities enable groups to meet in a virtual room to chat, share desktop and files and talk without the need to send complicated instructions. New capabilities include integrated video conferencing and moderator controls that ensure groups efficiently share information and speed decision-making.
- Guest participant – WebRTC My Room now includes the ability for external individuals to participate in the My Room experience, providing a comprehensive UC experience including group instant messaging, audio and video conferencing and sharing capabilities.
All of these enhancements are accessible across both of BroadSoft’s platforms– BroadWorks (software) and BroadCloud (cloud services).
“All of the technology announcements unveiled today reflect our commitment to delivering a superior end-to-end user experience by simplifying the way businesses and our customers acquire and manage their Unified Communications services,” said Scott Hoffpauir, chief technology officer, BroadSoft. “At the same time we are excited to lead the shift in conversation about WebRTC, from technology to its potential to UC-enable web communications that address business issues and increase employee and group productivity.”
BroadSoft also launched UC-One Insights – a new microsite that will serve as a forum for anyone interested in advancing discussions around Unified Communications, enterprise and market shifts impacting the industry, and how evolving workforce dynamics create opportunities and challenges for service providers and their customers.
Announcements and other news originating from BroadSoft Connections 2014 will appear on Twitter (@BroadSoftNews and #BSFTConnections).
BroadSoft is the leading provider of software and services that enable mobile, fixed-line and cable service providers to offer Unified Communications over their Internet Protocol networks. The Company's core communications platform enables the delivery of a range of enterprise and consumer calling, messaging and collaboration communication services, including private branch exchanges, video calling, text messaging and converged mobile and fixed-line services.
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements may be identified by their use of terms and phrases such as "believe," "enable," "will" and other similar terms and phrases and include, among others, statements regarding the capabilities and benefits of BroadSoft Labs and UC-One Web Conferencing Enhancements for service providers and enterprises. The outcome of the events described in these forward-looking statements is subject to known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from the results anticipated by these forward-looking statements, including, but not limited to whether BroadSoft Labs and the enhanced capabilities of the BroadSoft’s UC-One platform will be utilized and/or successfully deployed by BroadSoft's customers and the resulting financial and other benefits to BroadSoft, as well as those factors contained in the "Risk Factors" sections of the Company's Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2013, filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, or SEC, on February 28, 2014, and in the Company's other filings with the SEC. All information in this release is as of October 13, 2014. Except as required by law, BroadSoft undertakes no obligation to update publicly any forward-looking statement made herein for any reason to conform the statement to actual results or changes in its expectations.