Carrier Services to Include Hosted PBX and Business Trunking Offerings
GAITHERSBURG, MD, Sept. 12, 2007 - BroadSoft, Inc., a leading provider of VoIP application software, today announced that Cable & Wireless Jamaica, the island's only full service telecommunications provider, has selected BroadSoft's BroadWorks® application platform to power its new Broadband Telephone System. Cable & Wireless Jamaica will use BroadWorks to deliver its portfolio of Internet Protocol (IP) telephony services, including hosted PBX and integrated access services to small-and medium-sized enterprises across Jamaica.
As the first provider on the island to offer hosted PBX and integrated access services, Cable & Wireless Jamaica will enable businesses, including customers in the hospitality industry, to migrate to the benefits of VoIP within a cost-effective business model.
Cable & Wireless Jamaica selected BroadSoft's BroadWorks because of its comprehensive reach for all aspects of the provider's business-enterprise, mobile, residential and broadband.
"To be competitive, it's essential for today's operators to include VoIP in their suite of services," said Rodney Davis, CEO of Cable & Wireless Jamaica. "The high-quality and feature-rich BroadWorks platform eases the transition to VoIP without the need for significant additional network investment. Because we can now offer VoIP without the need for capital equipment expenditures, we reduce costs while offering the services our small and medium business customers are demanding."
With Cable & Wireless Jamaica's Broadband Telephone System, multi-location businesses will function more effectively as an integrated enterprise, keeping all sites securely connected. Hosted PBX frees single- and multi-site businesses from depending on premises-based solutions that require highly trained technicians.
The new system will enable businesses to connect their customer premises equipment to BroadWorks over any form of IP connectivity and gain the benefits of IP without transitioning to a fully hosted solution. The service will also include a disaster recovery solution that enables government agencies and enterprises to reroute calls and maintain telephone services to any location and any device, including landline phones, mobile devices and PC-based softphones.
"Cable & Wireless Jamaica is a visionary service provider with a solid command of today's business and communications markets," said Scott Wharton, vice president of Marketing for BroadSoft. "The Broadband Telephone System deployment demonstrates both Cable & Wireless Jamaica's aggressive market position and BroadSoft's strong commitment to this region."
About Cable & Wireless Jamaica
Cable & Wireless Jamaica is the island's leading provider of national and international fixed line services. Cable & Wireless Jamaica remains the island's only full service provider, guaranteeing business and residential customers reliable, tailored solutions in mobile and fixed voice, data, IP (Internet Protocol) and broadband services, as well as services to other telecoms providers. The company is owned 82% by Cable & Wireless plc with the other 18% being owned by members of the public. Cable & Wireless Jamaica also owns Jamaica Digiport International Limited, a company which provides high speed data and other telecommunications services exclusively to free zone and offshore companies.
About The BroadWorks Platform
BroadSoft's IMS-compliant BroadWorks® platform provides a comprehensive range of VoIP applications, including hosted PBX, IP Centrex, mobile PBX, business trunking and residential broadband services fully integrated into a single VoIP application platform. BroadWorks is uniquely capable of providing these applications with the reliability, redundancy, scalability and regulatory capabilities required to deliver carrier-class service.
BroadSoft's VoIP application software is revolutionizing the delivery of hosted telephony and multimedia services. Its award-winning flagship BroadWorks technology empowers wireless, wireline and cable carriers to deliver next-generation voice and multimedia applications and advanced features that enable them to increase revenue, enhance competitive differentiation and elevate customer satisfaction. BroadSoft's family of carrier-class software products delivers the scale, open architecture and reliability that the world's leading telecommunications companies demand to serve mission-critical enterprise and residential broadband customers. BroadSoft provides VoIP applications to 7 of the top 10 and 13 of the top 25 largest carriers worldwide, as measured by recent annual revenue, including Korea Telecom, KPN, Singtel, Sprint, Telefonica de Espana, Telstra, T-Systems, and Verizon. For additional information, go to www.broadsoft.com.