Optus Cloud-UCX opens up cloud-based unified communications to service providers
Gaithersburg, MD, Sep 06, 2017 – Optus Wholesale has introduced a new cloud-based Unified Communications (UC) solution for service providers, addressing increased end-user demand for cloud services. Optus Cloud-UCX provides Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) across multiple devices simultaneously, using one simple interface. The solution also allows wholesale partners to create and white-label their own UC products. It comes as cloud UC platforms continue to grow in popularity, with end users moving away from costly and complicated traditional PABX systems.
Designed specifically for the needs of the wholesale market, the solution is deployed using BroadSoft Business, with Optus the first tier one telco in Australia to deploy the BroadCloud platform as a complete cloud-based solution.
John Castro, Vice President Sales and Marketing, Optus Wholesale said: “With the Australian UC market forecast to pass $1 billion by 2021, this is a huge growth area and it is becoming increasingly important for service providers to support their customers as they move to the cloud. We’re proud to be collaborating with BroadSoft to bring its market leading BroadSoft Business UC portfolio to wholesale customers through Optus Cloud-UCX.”
“The launch of this product demonstrates Optus Wholesale’s commitment to innovation, as we continue to develop and invest in products designed to keep our service provider partners competitive in the market.”
Optus Cloud-UCX is deployed on a 100% cloud-based, carrier-grade network infrastructure. The platform is also hosted in geo-redundant Equinix data centers.
Jonathan Reid, Managing Director, Asia Pacific, BroadSoft said: “We are delighted to further develop our collaborative relationship with Optus by providing Australians with the world's leading cloud UC solution - BroadSoft Business. We look forward to the launch of Optus Cloud-UCX; a comprehensive and completely cloud-based UCaaS solution for Australian service providers.”
Optus Cloud-UCX provides a full service offering for end users including Instant Messaging (IM), Presence, voice and video calling, conferencing and desktop and file sharing services.
As a BroadSoft Business supported product, Optus Cloud-UCX users will also benefit from product enhancements released on a quarterly basis, increasing the speed to market of new features for service providers.
Other benefits of the Cloud-UCX solution include:
- White-Label portals and APIs: Service providers can brand all platforms to market as their own. B2B solutions are also catered for through access to APIs.
- Lower operating complexity and cost: Service providers can avoid expensive infrastructure investments with access to Optus Wholesale’s PSTN network through Optus Cloud-UCX.
- Scalability and coverage: Optus Cloud-UCX allows wholesale customers to expand end customer solutions on-demand by adding additional UC stations as and when required.
- Flexible deployment: Flexible options for end user deployment across public and private connectivity. Interconnecting to both the Optus mobile and fixed network infrastructure.
- Autonomous management: End to end control of quoting, ordering, provisioning, brand and product catalogue.
For more information please contact:
Optus Corporate Affairs
T: (02) 8082 7850
T: (02) 8281 3809
T: +61 458 484 921