One of the many benefits of cloud Software as a Service (SaaS) is being able to release advanced capabilities and enhancements on a more frequent basis to our service provider partners and customers.
A perfect example of this is our UC-One SaaS application which has been very well received in the marketplace, thanks to the interest and participation of our channel partners. I’m happy to announce that UC-One end users have been growing month-on-month for the past 6 months and the latest new features and fixes are available now, and can be immediately made available to all your subscribers.
The summer release is filled with enhancements that overall, provide an improved, more intuitive, and reliable collaboration experience, including:
- Greater mobility and more device choices
- Increased productivity and engagement during meetings
- Better performance and security
Here are some highlights of the release that will benefit your end-users:
- Group chat during My Room meetings for mobile participants – Mobile users can now actively participate in the group chat during meetings, enabling them to more fully engage with colleagues and guests while collaborating.
- Offline mode while mobile – Mobile users can now view text messages and listen to voicemail messages during offline mode (e.g. during a flight when in airplane mode or when there is no network coverage), increasing mobile productivity and responsiveness.
- Zoom in and out when viewing a screen share from desktop – Desktop users can now choose to view the full screen, zoom in and out, or set a specific percentage for a better viewing of a screen share.
- Visual notification pop-ups suppressed when screen sharing – Notifications will now be hidden while a desktop user is screen sharing, to reduce distractions and protect their private information from displaying.
- Make UC-One your default click-to-call app on a web page – Desktop users can now set their UC-One app to click-to-call web-enabled phone numbers on websites, making it easy for users to directly make phone calls from their browser.
|Figure 1. Screen share zoom from UC-One Desktop client|
And here are enhancements that benefit service providers:
- Faster updates to subscriber profiles – A new device management process enables service provider administrators to quickly and easily push new configuration changes to end users, further increasing operational efficiencies.
- Weblink button enhancement – The current capabilities of the weblink button can be replicated for up to four additional weblink buttons to further customize the client. Each new weblink button can point to custom web pages with additional features or information.
- Support IPv6 and dual stack (IPv4 and IPv6) networks – Now supported on the Desktop client, for processing information more quickly and increasing overall performance and security.
These enhancements demonstrate our commitment to continuing to invest in the UC-One offering and to helping our service provider partners bring new innovative end-user capabilities to market as quickly as possible.
To view the entire list of summer release enhancements, visit UC-One.com.