The BroadWorks Dashboards and Discovery Toolset is a set of tools that collect and allow analysis and visualization of BroadWorks data.
The toolset utilizes ElasticSearch as the backend storage technology for the data collected and includes samples of offboard data collection. The data collector has two parts - a sender and a receiver application. The sender application is a lightweight, java application deployed on BroadWorks servers to scan, zip and send data to receiver. The receiver application is deployed on the ElasticSearch server or another server to unzip, parse and index data on ElasticSearch.
The toolset includes four data collectors:
- BroadWorks server log collector
- BroadWorks XML/CSV and radius variants CDR collector
- BroadWorks message archive processor to collect instant messaging archive headers
- BroadWorks subscriber dump processor to take snapshots of provisioning data
The toolset utilizes Kibana as the companion front-end interface of data visualization and dashboarding to ElasticSearch. Kibana includes custom plug-ins for providing BroadWorks-specific data visualizations of SIP and XsiEvent flows.
The toolset includes four standardized Kibana dashboards:
- The Calls Dashboard to render data visualizations on call volume, codecs, devices, origination, destination and more.
- The Collaborate Dashboard to render bridge usage by sessions by leaders, sessions by participants, duration, type and codecs.
- The IM Dashboard to capture metrics from one-on-one and group instant messages.
- The Sharing Dashboard to capture metrics data on total participants, unique sessions and participants, owners and unique rooms per time interval.
I. New Enhancements in 2017
Post-Processing Applications for Dashboards
The BroadWorks Dashboard Collector analytics post-processor toolset works with the BroadWorks Log collectors, CDR collector, Message Archive Processor, and Subscriber Dump described above. The post-processors mine additional data relationships from the raw data prepared by the collectors, and augment the collected data for aggregation in the dashboard visualizations. This enables composite dashboards such at the following one to display and allow drilldown of key aspects of UC-One.
Ladder Diagrams for SIP and XSI Analyzer Plug-ins
The SIP and XSI Analyzer plug-in now include a visual representation of the traces as ladder diagrams.
II. Installation and Support
The BroadWorks Dashboards and Discovery Toolset is being delivered as an open source project available from GitHub. You can download the toolset here. BroadSoft ProServices can be engaged for deployment and customization of the toolset and support is available through issue reporting on GitHub where we will respond to questions and issues on a best effort basis.
ElasticSearch and Kibana requirements of the dashboards and discovery toolset are not delivered or supported by BroadSoft. The prerequisite requirements for installation is a dedicated server with the desired memory and disk space.
Note: ElasticSearch and Kibana are both self-contained in their own directory. They can be downloaded at: https://elastic.co. For maintenance and support of both of these requirements, we recommend that you contact ElasticSearch directly.