The Cisco BroadCloud portal for user self management (commonly referred to as My Phone) is being updated with a new look and feel to be more consistent with other Cisco BroadCloud portals and to improve its ease of use. It is designed with the same user interface style as the new enterprise administration portal (commonly referred to as REP) to keep consistency across the product offering.
These updates will be available in the Cisco BroadCloud R22.6 release. The target for Beta release is end of January 2019 with releases in production in mid February 2019. Specific dates will be announced in January 2019.
This new version of the user portal will initially be available via a separate URL to give Service Providers and Customers time to get familiar with the new design and functional changes and to update documentation if required. The existing version of the user portal will remain active. The dates and plan to move solely to this new version will be announced later.
I. Landing Page/Voice Mail
II. Call History
III. Call Settings
V. My Apps
VI. Account Settings
In addition to the UI changes, here are some important changes to know.
- User holiday schedules are not used anymore - If a user has created their own holiday schedules, they will be prompted to delete them but will be given an option to download the schedule so it can be recreated.
- Branding updates - New unique branding elements are available for new UI. These are for the in the SP Portal under Profile > Set up Branding Content for the updated UI. The existing branding elements are not used so the Cisco BroadCloud base branding will appear until changed, if desired, in the SP Portal.
- User call history - This now displays up to 60 of the most recent calls (incoming, outgoing and missed) regardless of age. When full, the newest logged calls replace the oldest. Call log export is no longer supported.
While the new version of the user portal has been available on the Beta platform for familiarization, it has not had the full complement of features. These features below are now supported which brings the new portal to parity with existing portal.
- Two Factor Authorization (2FA) support
- UC Tablet Support
- Meet Me Conferencing
- Office Anywhere
- Change user-level announcement language
- Change portal display language
- Person Identification Verification (PIV) card support - For US Federal Government customers
VII. Other Changes
Temporary passwords are generated at new user creation or password reset requests for the user portal. The user will now have 24 hours to use a Temporary Password. All other password security rules remain unchanged.